Here’s the problem. Freeze doesn’t really have a modern, center fire rifle that he can knock around the range with. At least one that isn’t a MILSURP collectible.
So while traveling, I ran across this used Howa 1500 rifle in 308. Cash out the door cost? $317.
It comes with everything shown and is a solid platform for Freeze to make into a long range shooter or project gun.
The lesson: keep an eye out on the used rifle rack. If you keep an open mind, you could find a sleeper on the cheap. For those interested, here are the specs on this rifle:
- Howa 1500
- Cock on open action.
- 3.5-10×44 Nikko-Stirling with rings.
- 1/4 MOA Adjustments.
- Illuminated Christmas Tree Reticle (Green & Red)
- 1913 Scope Base.
- 3 Position Safety.
- H.A.C.T. Trigger pulls at 2.13lbs.
- Hogue Recoil Pad.
- Hogue synthetic stock Krytpek Finish.
- Semi-weight 1:10 #2 contour barrel. 22”
- Metal trigger guard and floor plate.
- Serrated trigger.
- 2 Sling Points.
- Blued receiver and barrel.
- Traditional barrel crown.
- 5+1 mag. capacity.
Again…that’s A LOT of rifle for $317. Also in full disclosure: at the time I am writing this description, this rifle is shooting well under 1 MOA. Long term testing will be required to determine if this rifle holds true generally.
But it’s looking good so far.
“Shooting Guns & Having Fun”