On this episode of the Second Hand Showcase we are looking at a rifle and caliber combination near and dear to my heart: An 1896 Swedish Mauser chambered in the fantastic 6.5×55 Swede.
What we call around here the “original 6.5 Creedmoor”. Which it really is.
- Make: Carl Gustaf.
- Model: 1896 Long Rifle.
- Caliber: 6.5 Swede (6.5×55).
- Date of production: 1920.
- Action: Mechanical turn bolt.
- Serial numbers: matching.
- Sight range: Iron:300-2000 meters.
- Importer: SARCO.
- Bolt face: Excellent condition.
- Wood: Average. See video.
- Barrel: Good. Strong lands and grooves. Has one spot that might be FOD or grease.
- Cleaning rod: Yes. Threads intact.
Special note: The dealer told me something about the butt-plate but for the life of me, I can’t seem to recall what it is. If you know what he must have been talking about? Please leave a comment below for my benefit.
If you wish to contact this FFL about this pistol, click here:
“Shooting Guns & Having Fun”