We have a Winchester 52c in the armory. It doesn’t get checked out very often, which is a shame. But as a consequence, when it does people don’t know how to take it apart or put it back together for cleaning.
It also appears there are not videos showing this process. So while I made this for internal consumption, hopefully our fellow Winchester 52 owners will see this video as a valuable reference from time to time.
- Disassembly is for a Winchester 52c. I can’t guarantee other models are covered.
- To get the bolt out, you need to dry fire the rifle!
- Yes, I know about dry firing rimfire guns, but it’s the only way.
- I’ll say it again, you need to dry fire the rifle!
- To ensure the sear was lighted correctly, we had to film using mirroring so that is why you see iPhone control buttons.
- Seeing the sear move, and how it moves, is the payoff Winchester 52 owners are looking for.
- Thanks for stopping by!
“Shooting Guns & Having Fun”