This particular musket is a contract example made by L. Pomeroy in 1829. Pomeroy made approximately 21,000 guns for the US Military between 1818 and 1836.
It is chambered in the standard .69 caliber and was used in every engagement of the early to mid 1800’s: Seminole War, Blackhawk War (Abe Lincoln saw service here), the Texas war for independence and the Mexican-American War.
In 1860 the Harpers Ferry and Springfield Arsenals began to convert these to the percussion ignition system. The percussion conversions, and the original flint-lock examples, both saw service in the early days of the Civil War.
“Shooting Guns & Having Fun”