Some up close pictures fixing the extractor on our Stevens 22-410. After disassembling the system and cleaning it up, it became obvious the issue was a walking extractor screw.
- Remove the set screw. Use creeping oil if necessary, but I can’t image it would be.
- Pull the extractor straight out.
- There will be a spring inside, if that doesn’t fall out due to grime, a pipe cleaner does wonders here.
- Clean and inspect all parts.
- Especially clean the channel. Again pipe cleaner.
- Lube parts, drop lube in the channel.
- Reassemble the set the screw AlLL THE WAY Down.
- I would NOT use any thread locker. Foul the threads with something removable if need be, but I can’t imagine you’ll need it.
As long as the parts aren’t damaged, extractor should work as designed. Pretty easy fix all things considered.
“Shooting Guns & Having Fun”