Some of you have noticed the white Wilson grips on the eXperior 1911. And even a few have asked how did we got those?
The answer is simple, and possibly disappointing: I painted them. Since this has a good chance of turning into a large arts and crafts post, let me just hit the logical highlights and then post pics:
- The replacement Vickers grips were too thin and smooth IMO.
- The original eXperior grips are aggressive and thicker.
- Bigger grips fit me better. Largish hands.
- Special paint used? No. Target paint from range.
- Clean / de-grease / prep grips? Nope.
- I did remove medallions, but to do it over again I would have just masked them off.
- Number of coats: Two dustings.
- No change in grip texture.
- Paint will wear quickly.
- That wear will just show that I use these guns.
- Yes, I am happy with result.
“Shooting Guns & Having Fun”